Explore the season from Samhain, traditionally celebrated at the mid-point between the Autumn Equinox and the Winter Solstice in both hemispheres, and ends with the beginning of a new season at Winter Solstice (aka Yule and as Alban Arthur in neo-Druid traditions and as Grianstad an Gheimhridh in Irish).
Samhain marks a new year in the Celtic Wheel of the Year, born from the darkness of Winter, from the womb of Mama Earth. It is a time of visioning and dreaming and co-creating our world as it spirals toward a new year, when you may turn your thoughts to healing, renewing and co-creating in perhaps a different way.
Regular Price $40 USD
Registration open now
Join us to celebrate Samhain Season and explore the energies, lore and transitions from Samhain to the Winter Solstice.
Samhain marks a new year in the Celtic Wheel of the Year, born from the darkness of Winter, from the womb of Mama Earth.
It is a time of visioning and dreaming and co-creating our world as it spirals toward a new year, when you may turn your thoughts to healing, renewing and co-creating in perhaps a different way.
What would it mean to you to step into a place of co-creating with Spirit (Sky), the Ancestors (Sea) and the deities/energies of the Land and Sky such as Hekate and An Cailleach — and your Self?
Though your destination is not yet clear
You can trust the promise of this opening;
Unfurl yourself into the grace of beginning
That is at one with your life's desire.
- From "For a New Beginning" by John O'Donohue
Step into this new year, this new journey to "unfurl yourself into the grace of beginning".
What new dream will YOU co-create for the coming year?
We will explore the winter energies Samhain (Old Irish for "Summer's End", modern Irish for the month of November, pronounced "sow-wen") then and now including origins, lore and traditions, the thinning of the veils, guided journeys, and the goddesses of the season. We will further explore the season using the framework of the Celtic cosmology of Land, Sea and Sky — which exists in both the physical and spiritual realms — including journeys, rituals, card layouts, practices, rituals, craft, and more, including:
- Land (Talam), Middle World: Land holds the magic of our physical world and its energetic counterpart, our Self and all those who inhabit the Earth such as plants, trees herbs and crystals, animals of all kinds. We will work with mugwort and take a guided journey to An Cailleach's cave.
- Sea (Muir), Under World: Sea is our magical connections with the Sídhe (the Faerie realms) and others who reside in this realm including ancestors and other spirits. It is a place for journeys (aka imramma), rituals, exploring deities associated with water and the underworld, including the archetypes of the Dark Goddesses and Sorceress. We will also work with goddesses from other pantheons associated with this time, such as Hekate, and take a journey with her to receive a key to wisdom..
- Sky (Nem), Upper World: Sky holds the medicine of the Sun, Moon and Stars; lunar/solar events, divination, sacred crafts of Air, and deities and allies of the Sky realm, and our connection to Spirit. We introduce a practice that begins mid-Samhain season and leads us to Winter Solstice.
Course content will be available upon registration.
Join us any time during Samhain Season!
If a participant wishes to cancel their enrolment in an online course, please note the following policy and procedure.
If you wish to withdraw from the course after your purchase is completed AND at least one day before the course begins, please notify Inner Journey Events via email to firstname.lastname@example.org of your wish to withdraw from the course (please specify the course name) and that you wish to receive a refund. Please note that all requests for refunds or changes must be submitted by email to only and not via social media or any other route.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that we have received your email within the stated timeframe, so please email us again if you are unsure.
- Please note that any notifications emailed on a weekend will be deemed to have been received on the following Monday, unless that day is a statutory holiday in Canada, in which case it will be deemed to have been received on the Tuesday.
- If your request meets the above criteria, we will issue a refund minus the small charge that our payment processors take (approximately 5% of the fee paid), and will then remove you from the course.
- The refund can only be issued through our payment providers by the means and in the currency that you paid and we cannot compensate for any exchange rate fluctuations. Please note that it could take several days for the refund to be processed via PayPal or Stripe.
- We will advise you as soon as the refund is initiated.
Refunds are not available once a course has started, as you have had access to the materials.