Imbolg & Brighid's Realms
>> Healing (Sea), Poetry (Sky) and Smithcraft (Land) <<
Join us for Imbolg season to celebrate the first wave of Spring energy in 2021, and honour the goddess Brighid who we celebrate at Imbolg.
Imbolg arrives around 01-February in the Northern Hemisphere, and we will be in that Imbolg energy until Spring Equinox arrives.
You may know Brighid as a triple goddess, with aspects of Healer, Poet and Smith. And yet each of these are associated with one of the realms in the Irish cosmology of Land (Smithcraft), Sea (Healing) and Sky (Poetry).
Together will will explore Imbolg and Brighid's gifts and realms with ceremony, crafts, herbs, divination practices and a new guided journey, to be shared in a virtually gathering.
The course will also be offered again for those in the Southern Hemisphere.
Course opens for registraion soon, and course content will be available available January 26, 2021.
Cost $40 USD
In this course you will:
- explore the significance and origins of Imbolg (not just a day, but a season!), how it was practiced in the past and how we can bring a contemporary view to the celebrations
- create your own personal Imbolg, on your own timing based on the manifesting of Spring in your locale, aided by a phenology wheel
- explore the mythologies and roots of the goddess Brighid: as the goddess of Healing, Poetry and The Forge/ Smithcraft, as Saint Brighid, her connections with ancient Bear goddesses and her connections with the realms of Sea, Sky and Land.
- learn rituals / ceremonies for Imbolg and Là Fhéill Bhrìghde (St. Brigid’s Day) including:
- laying out a Bhrat Briidhe on Imbolg Eve
- a downloadable candle blessing for Imbolg and Brighid (as this day is also celebrated as Candlemas in Christian practices)
- create an Earth Candle
- craft a Brighid doll and Brighid's cross
- explore herbs and oils for Brighid and Imbolc
- create intentions for the coming Spring
- a guided meditation with Brighid
The course opens for registration in mid-January and closes to new registrations on 28-FEB-2021, when it goes back into the vault for renewal and regeneration for those celebrating Imbolg in August in the Southern Hemisphere